Folks, looking at the weather forecast for the week - the weather - 40 knot winds - predicated for tomorrow (Tuesday) will keep us at the dock - But WEDNESDAY's weather forecast looks good. So come on down on Wednesday and enjoy some spring MACKEREL fishing.
They didn't sail today due to Easter, but will be running daily trips whenever it's fishable. There were also a few other bites before it was time to run his Sea Hunter back to Keyport in time for Easter dinner.
Capt. Scott Hilliard made his first striper trip of the season today with Prowler V from Atlantic Highlands. Hats off to the crew today, Kenny and Ritchie for making sure we had fresh clams for today's trip and using extra bait working hard to try and catch some fish.
Hats off to the crew today, Kenny and Ritchie for making sure we had fresh clams for today's trip and using extra bait working hard to try and catch some fish. If there were some fish to be caught today I would have shaped up during the week - but that being said - we're going to wait until Saturday, April 2nd before we sail again.
Bruce Vitale of Piscataway was in Florida this week, where Bruce Hrobak of Billy Bones Tackle in Port St. Lucie set him up for some freshwater fishing. Peacock Joe wasn't available, but Hrobak got in touch with Adam of Reel Deal Adventures (561 706-8013) for a small boat trip on the Lake Ida canal.
That had an effect on the fishing - the drift was over 2 knots (way to fast) and you needed 16oz or more weight to keep your line down there. The forecasted winds for tomorrow (Friday) will keep us at the dock but the weather looks much better for Saturday.